Perhaps the last time you had an exclusive ‘rendezvous’ with mud was the time you made mud pies…at the time when getting dirty was really fun! But what now? Does the idea of lolling in the mud for reaping Mud bath spa benefits… make you wonder whether it really something as beneficial as some proponents claim? Why not check out what those actual benefits are? After all, you have nothing to lose, except gain…knowledge!
Over centuries, even perhaps the legendary Queen Cleopatra herself…and people all across the globe have believed and benefitted from the healing powers and the beneficial, therapeutic properties of mud! And, natural hot springs were popular since ancient times long before the concept of the modern day health spas including this therapy in their range of services.
Agreed, that initially it might feel a little strange or even awkward to submerge your body in a tub full of warm dirt and water with the expectation of relaxation and other benefits. Especially, more so, if you happen to dislike the very thought of getting ‘muddied’… but mud baths do have several health benefits.
Let’s check them out…
1. Anti-inflammatory properties – One benefit of soaking in mud and its mineral content is that it can help in alleviating aches and muscle pains symptoms in people with fibromyalgia, arthritis, and also nervous diseases, and as therapeutic treatments for the urinary system and kidney diseases. The latent heat of the mud and geothermal waters have terrific anti-inflammatory properties.
2. Soothing effect – This is a another advantage that mud bath offers owing to its richness in minerals composition. For instance, the combination of sodium, magnesium and potassium together in a mud bath spa can have amazingly soothing effect on the skin.
3. Helps in alleviating certain skin conditions- It has been noted that mud bath therapies can even help in getting relief from the symptoms of several conditions such as rosacea and psoriasis. However, it is advisable for people suffering these conditions that they should be careful and make sure that the mud isn’t very grainy — that can however irritate the skin!
Also, reportedly, studies show that mud baths can even help in improving spinal symptoms in patients with spondylitis.
4. Total relaxation – The warm, soft mixture of the mud and the feeling of being kind of completely suspended, with absolutely no pressure on your body while floating in the Mud Bath, can actually “feel awesome” … a relaxation like you’ve never experienced earlier !This allows your body to let go and takes the stress off your body and consequently your mind too.
5. Improves your skin health – Mud bath spa can detoxify your body by drawing out the toxins and impurities from your system and invigorate circulation thus improving . The volcanic ash in the mud bath gently exfoliates your skin. and helps in softening it to give it a youthful luster! Complex minerals from geothermal waters also help to balance out your body’s own pH levels.
While mud bath spas can be an excellent form of therapeutic treatment for a gamut of ailments, the most popular benefit it offers is perhaps the effect it can have on your skin. In fact people throughout the world who have benefitted from it, actually vouch for mud baths as the ‘fountain of youth’. Plus, when the mud dries, it also stretches the skin and helps you with battling against wrinkles.
So, this claim is not a baseless one since the mud does contain sulfur, chloride, fluoride and other natural occurring chemicals which help in clearing the complexion and adds a natural glowing radiance. Care to give it a try?