Surely you don’t quite like the idea of wearing your hair in the same way for ages, just because you prefer to keep your tresses short! Short hair too can be styled up to look fantastic and make you stand out in a crowd! Add to that the bonus of compliments they are sure to bring in!
However, the transformation can at times seem a tad daunting and confusing. Especially, if you have been styling your hair the same way for too long, trying to determine how short to cut it and what style to cut it in can cause undue apprehensions and even worrying. You may feel indecisive about… how good the new style will look on you and which style will complement your looks best! Keeping your dilemma in mind, here are several pictorial references that can help you choose a cute and easy-to-manage cut and short hairstyle that can give you a dramatic makeover!
1. If you’re yet not ready for the dramatic flair of a pixie cut, but want to spice up your look to start with, you can try this nice, shoulder- grazing bob like Marion Cotillard.
Rightly referenced as a ‘lob’, this haircut is classic and timeless; it allows you to stay free of hair trailing down your back, while at the same time still retaining length to pull up into a ponytail or a specific style that enhances to beautifully show your neck .
2. The next one you may want to try is the piecey pixie where your hair is cut into layers to add volume and dimension. It is usually accompanied with heavy side swept bangs that can be tasseled and shaped to your desired style.
3. If you want to make a boldly big impression without saying too much, and feel daring enough to do it, go for a spiky pixie with shaved sides, like Miley. This cut is for anyone who wants and is ready for a fun, bold, and youthful look.
Another ‘concept’ you may want to try out without compromising on fashion quotient is…..
Growing out a Cut Stylishly
Generally, growing out a pixie or a bob, can be one of the most frustrating phase. Every cut that has ever been a bob or pixie, goes through that awkward stage when your hair can’t really be labeled as a pixie! Firstly, because it has grown past your ears, and yet cannot be classified as a bob because it is yet to reach your chin.
Below are a few ideas that can help you grow your cut out more fashionably.
4. When your hair has grown out of a pixie, but is still too short to pull up into a ponytail, the biggest temptation you could be ‘battling’ is to cut it off again. If you want your hair to eventually grow, resist the temptation, and wear your hair the way Anne Hathaway wore hers! Part it down the middle, and add a few loose curls for volume. It’s easy to do and gives you an effortless chic look.
5. If you’re looking for a more formal yet fancy hairstyle to do with short hair, then try a braided twist pinned at the nape of your neck. Simply, brush the frontal tresses of your hair towards the back, then separate your hair into three sections, and get them braided individually. Finally, pin up them up at the nape of your neck to secure all of the hair.
6. Another hairstyle for short hair that requires the least amount of effort is a cute, twisted knot. While this style creates a look that resembles a French twist, it can be done with little amount of hair, and in a least amount of time. First, you need to twist a front section of your hair back and secure it with a pin. Next, rake together the rest of your hair at the nape of your neck. Begin to twist the unpinned hair, like you’re doing a French twist, then pin it up at the bottom to hide any straying and flyaway hair.
Hope you find this article helpful in both, choosing from and determining different ways to style your short hair trendily. Irrespective of whether you decide on a cut or you’re currently growing out one, styling short hair is actually easy and simple when you have several options like the ones here at your aid!