Who could say no to chocolate? Aside from it being a delicious, addictive treat for someone with a sweet-tooth, chocolate is also good for the skin! And that being said, it is now being used in spa treatments. One of the best things about this is that you can do this in the comforts of your own home! What are the things that you should know about chocolate spa treatments home?
Let’s first discuss why chocolate is good for your skin. Despite the many claims that this can cause blemishes, scientists have discovered that chocolates contain more antioxidants that green tea or red wine. Chocolates have compounds that help smoothen the skin and also decrease the skin’s sensitivity to the sun. Since it has a high amount of cocoa butter, cocoa butter is actually a skin softener and conditioner. It also plays as an antioxidant that helps your skin and prevents damage to it.
Cocoa, cocoa butter and chocolate are generally the main ingredients in chocolate. These ingredients have proven to be amazing moisturizers for the skin. The caffeine also found in chocolate helps with your circulation as well, which will give your skin that healthy glow.
Choosing Your Chocolate
Since you are planning to do this at home, make sure that you choose commercial products. That means that you can easily purchase it in grocery stores. Choose chocolates that come with chocolate, cocoa and cocoa butter as their main ingredients. You also might want to consider getting dark chocolate as it has been proven more effective than milk chocolate because of its higher content of cocoa.
Benefits of Chocolate Spa Treatment
- Chocolate firms your skin with the caffeine content found in chocolates.
- It is very rich in anti-oxidants. Dark chocolates are highly recommended for a higher content of antioxidant properties.
- It moisturizes the skin. Cocoa butter has natural oils that can treat dry, flaky and rough skin.
- It is good for your health! In fact, a bit of dark chocolate a day can help with your cardiovascular health and at the same time, it can help improve your mood.
- Chocolate has the obromine that helps burn fat as well. This means it can also aid with getting rid of cellulites.
- It promotes relaxation. The fact that it is chocolate and it is a spa treatment at the same time is just one of the most calming things in the world.
- Quarter cup of Cocoa butter
- Quarter cup of Chamomile oil
- 1 cup Shea butter
- Mix together your cocoa powder, shea butter and chamomile oil. For better consistency, use a blender.
- Mix the ingredients until it is lump-free.
- Put this into a jar or a bottle and store it in a cool place.
- Use this to massage your skin.
Making your own chocolate spa treatments home is very easy! You don’t have to spend a lot of money on commercial spa treatments and other lotions, moisturizers, oils, etc. You can make and do it on your own and have it anytime you want.